Friday, September 28, 2012

FALL UPDATE #2

My first fall update was about getting a few key basics for work.  My next update was definitely all about the casual (classics, of course!).

J.Crew Perfect Shirt in Buffalo Check - this reminds me so much of my childhood, very lumberjack.  Love the fitted cut and can think of so many ways to wear it.  Fits TTS (but borders on a teeny bit snug across my overly ample boobies) , although I truly wish that the button down shirts were a bit shorter - if I leave them un-tucked, it looks like I'm wearing my giant-boyfriend's shirt and if I tuck them, there is so much damned bulk - why so long???


J.Crew Cambridge Cable Chunky Turtleneck Sweater (good lord, that's a mouthful) - cozy, classic: what's not to love?  Fits very TTS and can't wait for the weather to cool off to wear with jeans and various skirts!



J.Crew Snowcap Quilted Jacket - with the strange winters here in Calgary (chinooks can mean it is -30 one day and +15 the next), you need lots of outerwear options (casual and dressy) to accommodate.  This jacket fits the bill on the casual side and I can double the usage for snowshoeing on "warmer" days.  Fits TTS and is a bit boxy, but I expect that with any puffy jacket!


J.Crew Matchstick Jeans in Old Glory - not quite glorious, but very nice basic jeans (for tucking into boots).  They will definitely need to be hemmed, but fit TTS and are a great, classic wash. 


And finally, the J.Crew Factory Long Belted Puffer Jacket - I have one from last season in an army green colour, but was never nuts about it.  I think this one fits the bill.  Yes, it's "boxy", but the belt helps to combat that.  It will be perfect on the colder days for walking to and from work and, obviously, perfect for casual weekends and walks to the dog park and wine store!!  I see this one in heavy rotation!


What do I want next?  There are only a few other things I "want"...a pair of mid-heel, black, knee high boots (riding inspired - I really like these ones from Tory Burch), a pair of high-heel, black booties (I have not found the perfect ones yet) and a new pair of 70s inspired, stacked heel, brown, knee high boots (I like these ones from Michael Kors, but do not like that they are pull on - the zipper helps keep the leg shape - guess I have to keep looking.).  

That's all folks.  What are your must haves for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment